Credit Manager I
Lubbock, TX or Round Rock, TX
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties
in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide
our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation
and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Finance, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience with 2 years’ experience or more in a supervisory and/or Management position. Prior experience working with and supervision of staff in remote locations is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in underwriting and managing a large commercial livestock and dairy portfolio with typical average credits in excess of $10MM. Experience in all facets of livestock and dairy lending, including beef cattle feedlots, protein
packers, processing plants, etc.
- Working knowledge of participations and syndicated loan structures.
- High quality performance in previous roles.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment (required).
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Establishes goals and objectives for a loan portfolio (generally industry specific) of credit analysts and delegates authority to credit analysts as appropriate to carry out association goals and objectives.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and provides for training of credit analysts in the area or region served. Coordinates communications and training with other commercial managers as appropriate.
- Consults with Regional President, Commercial Lenders, Retail Credit Group and their respective staffs on loan origination and servicing, and the analysis, pricing and structuring of credit.
- Directs and mentors credit and administrative staff in the analysis and structuring of large and/or complex credits that may entail higher risk to the Association.
- Reviews and participates in loan approval submitted by other lending staff that exceed their delegated authority.
- Resolves issues related to credit underwriting by actively working with the Regional President(s), Commercial Lenders, and Regional Credit Officers in the area, region or portfolio served. Escalates issues and involves Director of Commercial Credit as
- Responsible for compliance with credit standards for the area, region or portfolio served. Ensures that credits in the area, region or industry portfolio which are underwritten by credit analysts supervised are properly risk rated and correct LGD’s are
assigned. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in association’s policies and procedures.
- Conducts or is responsible for quality complex credit analyses for the portfolio. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information
on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- At times may be asked to serve as a backup to other managers in the commercial credit department.
- Oversees the underwriting on credits which are non-performing in order to assist lenders, special asset and relationship personnel in the development of corrective action plans.
- Prepares budgets for credit underwriting operations associated with the area, region or portfolio served. Collaborates with the Regional President(s), Commercial Lenders, Regional Credit Officers in the area or region served in the budget process
- Works closely with the Regional President(s), Commercial Lenders, Regional Credit Officers in area, region or industry portfolio served, along with other credit officers and Director of Retail Credit and/or Commercial Credit to assure the credit function
of the Association is managed to further the mission throughout Association.
- Maintains awareness of agricultural trends and business activity in all commercial portfolios, FCA regulations, and legal obligations. Ensures all credit underwriting operations comply with applicable policies, regulations and laws. Oversees the preparation
of all reports required by association management, the Board of Directors and regulatory bodies.
- Oversees and consults completion of complex loan servicing tasks.
- Promotes the association by maintaining good public and member relations.
- Assists in adding value to the sales process as needed by maintaining good working relations with association staff.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under limited supervision.
- Commensurate with experience
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- March 26, 2019
- Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation in the application process.