Customer Relationship Assistant
San Angelo, TX
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing
to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others
– with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including
competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with
the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 0-2 years’ experience in administration office operations with exposure to loan or banking operations, or experience deemed equivalent at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- At a training and learning level, organizes loan applicant information for review and analysis by loan officers and inputs pertinent loan data into credit delivery system as directed.
- Learns association product offerings and relies on others to fully understand those offerings in order to gain the knowledge to discuss them as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service on a routine basis by answering customer inquiries, resolving customer issues and concerns, taking and processing loan payments within a limited knowledge level.
- Trains to learn loan transactions, and Association loan products. Learns the need to cross sell opportunities on other association products and refer to appropriate lending staff to meet those needs.
- Under direction records new loans, establishes relevant files, processes loan payments, maintains a variety of loan records and obtains credit information.
- With oversight, assists in maintaining and monitoring borrowers’ required insurance, UCC financing statement and deed of trust expiration dates, payment of property taxes and other loan requirements and reporting.
- Learns Enterprise Content processes for the Association.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to effectively use IT systems used in lending and office administration.
- Under direction, collects loan payments and performs related tasks required to service loans.
- Under direction prepares basic documents and correspondence for association reports as required following approved association policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- General knowledge of office equipment and systems used for the storage and retrieval of business information.
- General knowledge of standard records management and file classification practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted July 26, 2018
- Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- A completed application and resume are required.
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation in the application process.