Loan Closing Process Manager – Ag Real Estate
Bryan and/or Round Rock, TX
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing
to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others
– with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including
competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with
the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years’ experience in all facets of loan processing including closing requirements, title examination, collateral evaluation, and lien perfection.
- Understanding of consumer regulations, with an awareness of regulatory requirements associated with integrated disclosures preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Assists management with oversight of the Ag Real Estate loan closing activities. Process assigned loans that exceed the delegated authority of less-senior staff.
- Supervise Ag Real Estate Loan Closing staff, provide training and instruction and oversee staff to ensure accountability.
- Work with Title Companies and outside sources as needed to obtain necessary information to prepare required documentation for Ag Real Estate loans.
- Assists in evaluation, development and implementation of Ag Real Estate Loan processes and procedures for the Association.
- Trains and assists Ag Real Estate Loan Closers.
- Answers questions from loan officers and office staff regarding Ag Real Estate loan closing documents and develops fluency on other loan products of the Association to support other managers as required.
- Organizes loan closing requirements and instruments in compliance with all Association, CFPB and FCA policies, procedures, and regulations. Ensures all requirements are met prior to closing.
- Processes UCC filings, searches and billing as needed.
- Prepares loan closing statements verifying net loan proceeds, loan maturity dates and initial interest and principal repayments dates.
- Reviews post-closing documents such as collateral documents, title policies, deeds of trust, assignments and additional collateral. Ensures that all documents have been properly signed, witnessed and notarized by all required individuals.
- Thorough knowledge of Ag Real Estate lending loan documentation requirements, underwriting, title, escrow, loan processing and closing policies, procedures, terminology, automated underwriting systems, and Federal and State guidelines related to this complex
industry are required
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of title insurance, and credit life insurance.
- Specialized knowledge of real estate security legal requirements, Dodd Frank act, CFPB regulations and procedures, FSA requirements, and loan processing procedures.
- Specialized knowledge of documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, and collateral. Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in providing customer service.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- A thorough knowledge of financial statement analysis, forecasting analysis, cash flow analysis, collateral analysis and payment performance in the area of agricultural lending.
- Knowledgeable on credit and accounting standards.
- A high level of independence is expected.
- Commensurate with experience
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- August 1, 2018
- Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation in the application process.