SVP Director Capital Markets
Austin, TX or Round Rock, TX
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing
to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others
– with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including
competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with
the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural economics, finance, business administration, or other related business field or commensurate experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of lending experience involving relationship development, credit underwriting and extension, administration and analysis of large Capital Markets, Commercial, Agribusiness and Production Ag credits.
- Must have experience, knowledge and success in the analysis and structuring of capital market transactions including loan participations and syndications, as well as negotiating and dealing with large loans over $5 million. Should have experience in working
with client management/owners and financial institutions.
- Must be able to manage excess loans (above delegated authorities), work with loan participations/syndications, and be competent in overseeing large loan origination and relationship management across the Association.
- Must have effective management skills.
- Individually manages the association's lead role in marketing, credit evaluation, loan documentation, pricing strategy and customer relationships on capital market transactions, and serves as a resource in large loan relationships.
- Identifies key enterprises, key players, and develops and successfully carries out special marketing plans to capture lending and financial service opportunities with this customer group. Develops, maintains, and leverages industry expertise, contacts,
implementation and exposure to enhance the Association’s image and marketplace effectiveness.
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of market potential, marketing and business planning, business programs, and development for commercial and large producer loans in the association.
- Assist in gathering Marketplace research, to have an increased knowledge of opportunities for the Association.
- Creates and fosters strategic relationships within the agricultural business community, as well as the agricultural finance community, including within and outside the FCS for mutual beneficial interest of all parties.
- Clearly assigns responsibilities and tasks and establishes effective controls to monitor progress.
- Evaluates employees; provides performance feedback on a regular basis to facilitate their professional growth.
- Directs the daily activities of the Capital Markets department.
- Provide leadership to Association staff working on large commercial accounts to develop a highly knowledgeable and productive lending unit.
- Serves as a resource and backup on largest association accounts where needed.
- Mentors, coaches, motivates, and trains the Capital Markets staff.
- Fosters a team approach for these positions and offer continuous support to the core lending function through loan participation sales and other related functions.
- Must be well established in the industry network, or maintain skill set to establish network contacts for these important agri-business segments.
- Must demonstrate strong team building and team processing skills, have the ability to delegate and make decisions, educate, motivate and work with staff, customers and other agri-business professionals.
- This position requires excellent computer, interpersonal and communication skills along with knowledge of how financial institutions operate, financial analysis, accounting standards (accrual and cash), legal aspects of extending credit, credit policies
and procedures and various loan analysis software programs.
- Also must demonstrate problem solving skills, and analytical, negotiating, influencing, and strategic selling skills.
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- October 8, 2018
- Position will be posted until October 26, 2018, unless extended at the sole discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation in the application process.