VP Credit Officer
Round Rock, TX
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing
to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others
– with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including
competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with
the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Eight or more years of progressively responsible banking or agricultural lending experience involving credit extension, including the marketing, credit underwriting, administration and analysis of commercial credits and agribusiness loans.
- Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association. Works with complex loans and loan participation packages.
- Provides analysis, servicing and reporting of the Association’s mortgage and commercial loans.
- Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain credit worthiness. Determines Probability of Default (PD) ratings as appropriate and make recommendations for approval or denial
- Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance regarding association lending policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves loans submitted by other lending staff that exceed their delegated authority.
- This job has been benchmarked to VP Credit Officer
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Assists senior-level credit officers with complex loan applications as necessary.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans
within area of responsibility.
- Conducts complex credit analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordination’s to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, and insurance claims.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and assists management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- Assures that adequate insurance coverage is maintained as required by loan conditions and monitors ad valorem taxes to insure that such taxes are paid on the security.
- May assist with the title examination on prospective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. May prepare loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance
with all applicable association and FCA policies and regulations.
- Experience underwriting C&I, CRE, P&E, and/or O&G sources of repayment.
- Experience underwriting production ag operating credits.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under limited supervision.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- October 18, 2018
- Position will be posted until December 18, 2018, unless extended at the sole discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation in the application process.