Senior Loan Officer
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing
to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others
– with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including
competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with
the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- Three or more years of experience as a loan officer/credit analyst or other equivalent lending experience.
- This position will require registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and a successful candidate must meet the association’s requirements to be a registered Mortgage Loan Originator.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies.
- Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing.
- Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Develops and contributes to business development plans and implements business development practices across the assigned territory with an impetus on growth in the loan portfolio.
- Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordination’s to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, and insurance claims.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Other lending functions as directed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic to moderate skill set in Microsoft Office Applications.
- General knowledge of accounting and financial systems.
- Ability to perform intermediate level accounting and financial analysis under moderate supervision.
- Commensurate with experience
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- October 25, 2018
- Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation in the application process.