Loan Processing Department
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing
to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others
– with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation.
- High School Diploma and enrollment at an accredited university (at the time of the internship) in at least a Bachelor's Degree Program with a field of study in Finance, Accounting, Ag Business, Ag Economics or other degree plan that supports a career in
- Student should be of good academic standing (minimum 2.25 overall GPA).
- Should be enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate Student at the time of the Internship, with a preference for candidates completing their degree studies in the fall of 2019 or spring of 2020.
- Candidate must complete an online application and resume.
- Include a cover letter (can include with the resume) explaining interest in the internship, and any information that uniquely qualifies the candidate for consideration.
- Faculty recommendations are preferred and should be included with the cover letter and resume.
- The intern will be responsible for locating within a reasonable commuting distance of the internship location and responsible for living expenses throughout the term of the internship.
- Paid intern position for the summer of 2019.
- This job will begin approximately June 3 and will conclude approximately August 16.
- Review commitments for title insurance to substantiate adequacy of the title to meet regulatory and association requirements.
- Organizes loan closing requirements and instruments in compliance with all association policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develops instructions and guidance for completing appropriate security and closing documents for Association loans.
- Examines loan applications and closing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Process UCC filings, searches and billing.
- Verify sufficiency of legal description of the security of the collateral.
- Prepares loan closing statements verifying net loan proceeds, loan maturity dates and initial interest and principal repayment dates.
- Prepares various statements including those required under consumer credit regulations.
- Reviews post-closing documents such as title policies, deeds of trust, assignments and additional collateral. Ensures that all documents have been properly signed, witnessed and notarized by all required individuals.
- Previous work experience in financial industry is helpful but not required.
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills and an understanding of Microsoft Office Products and other computer applications.
- Should be team oriented, cooperative and show a strong work ethic.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- February 1, 2019, unless extended at the sole discretion of Capital Farm Credit
Capital Farm Credit is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation in the application process.